Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rain

Today I learned what an angiogram is.

The rain started lightly
with small drops and ringlets
like the ones
my mug leaves at the
computer desk.

Anger takes over, and the sky is
crying. I don't know why.
There is not but a handspan in
all of the sky but that
there is an angel bowing,
prostrating, singing the praises
of it's Lord.

There was light
and thunder. I heard it
over the sound of the shower-
cucumber and green tea.
I counted how long
it took me to hear the thunder:
immediate. My hands shake.

-

A stranger prays in my home
while strangers wait
in hospitals for loved ones
with hopes of recovery
and continuation of life. The smell of hospitals.
Strangers stand at microphones
and talk,
pass judgement on
a stranger's mind.

A friend. My dad said this man is like
a mountain of gold. How can we lose mountains of gold?

A stranger cries in a hospital,
a soul is unshackled.

Loss is relative-
the storm ceases. Puddles and
small circles of memories remain.